WHITE SUPREMACIST CONFERENCE TO BE HELD AT REAGAN BUILDING IN WASHINGTON DC ON SEPT. 10; DEMONSTRATION CALLED
In the wake of the Oslo shootings and the London Uprising, a white supremacist group that has used both events to further their own agenda is holding a conference at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, DC on Sept. 10. This is a call for everyone to come out and oppose what even the organizers are saying will be a highly controversial event!
The National Policy Institute (NPI), a high-brow organization that -- according to the Southern Poverty Law Center (who has listed them as a hate group) -- feels it is their mission "to elevate the consciousness of whites, ensure our biological and cultural continuity, and protect our civil rights", will hold their first conference ever on [Saturday] Sept. 10 from 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, just north of the National Mall, [14th St. NW south of Pennsylvania Ave.] with a press conference on [Friday] Sept. 9 from 3:00-5:00 PM at the National Press Club, also in Washington, DC. [529 14th Street Northwest at F St., NW]
NPI's Executive Director is Richard Spencer a prominent figure in DC White Nationalist circles who was also the founder of the paleoconservative group Robert A. Taft Club, along with his friend Kevin DeAnna who along with others went on to also found the White Nationalist student group Youth for Western Civilization. The focus for NPI is to, according to them, "address the consequences of mass immigration into the United States from cultural, political, and biological perspectives." NPI however, promotes eugenics and it is from that foundation that they will address those "consequences" from, even with Spencer himself speaking on the issue at the conference.
In recent weeks NPI has featured articles on not only their website, but also the website AlternativeRight.com, which is edited by Spencer, that defend the Norway shooter Anders Behring Breivik in one article as "a serious political thinker with a great many insights and some good practical ideas on strategy". They also have addressed the disturbances in London declaring them "race riots" and an example that multiracial societies are failures.
According to Spencer the focus of the conference is to promote a so-called "Majority Strategy" for Republicans, to in his words, "stop all this nonsensical outreach to various minorities and blacks and Hispanics and so on and so forth, who are never going to vote for them anyway and who don't, and instead try to inreach, so to speak, to the people who do vote for them - that is White Christian Americans." Spencer also notes getting the Republicans to then focus on stopping immigration and affirmative action is merely the first step to their larger goals.
Their speakers are mostly academics who many are familiar to white supremacist circles who have seen them speak or organize racist conferences in the past. Among the more notable speakers will be:
* Jared Taylor, the publisher and editor of American Renaissance, whose calls for racial separation has been so virulent, his "AmRen" Conferences, which brings out a who's who of neo-Nazis, including notables such as former Klansman David Duke, have been marked with protests, and the last two years the controversy surrounding them have been so great, hotels have been shutting their doors to them,
* Peter Brimelow, the editor of the anti-immigration, white nationalist website VDARE who is pushing for the Republican Party to stop reaching out to Hispanics and other people of color and focus only on white people,
* James Edwards, a Council of Conservative Citizens board member who hosts a radio show promoting racist ideals, and repeated a mantra of his on his Aug 13 program in relation to the London Uprising that "You can't have a First World nation with a Third World population,"
* John Glad, a former professor and author who is a staunch defender of eugenics as "preventing the squandering of our genetic patrimony",
* Keith Preston, who believes mixing anarchist ideals with fascist ones in an attempt to recruit the left into his way of thinking.
As noted earlier, conferences such as these have resulted in outrage that has prompted venues to shut their doors to them.
Should this conference take place, however,a rally and demonstration is planned for the Ronald Reagan Building that will take place the entire duration of the conference. To learn more about the Conference, go to http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=236082193083177.