Fascism is the union of government with private business against the People.
"To The States, or any one of them, or to any city of The States: Resist much, Obey little; Once unquestioning obedience, at once fully enslaved; Once fully enslaved, no nation, state, city, ever afterward resumes its liberty." from "Caution" by Walt Whitman

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

2011-07-20 email from "Testament"
tell ppl:
I am deeply sorry that i couldnt be there today.
I tried really hard.. i tried at the airport, i visited the consulate in toronto, i tried again at the airport, and then I got on a bus to buffalo and was held overnight for 6 hours, fingerprinted, photographed, and cuffed before being turned away... all without even being told why.
I would literally have put myself through torture to be there, and almost did. But there is nothing more i could have done.
The state does not want me to be with you today, and sadly they hold the balance of power... for now.
Also I want yaqll to know that this is temporary and that we are gonna hire some good immigration lawyers and figure this out... unless people dismantle the borders first!
we prefer the latter option, but are preparing to go forward with the former option just in case. We also recently dropped our album on crimethinc.com and will be putting funds from that into paying for lawyers that can work this out for us so we can come visit our friends, lovers, family, partners, and comrades in the states...
I got mad love and respect for everyone in the Bay who've been fightin for freedom and pushing back. its inspiring to me and gives me hope for the future.
I also wanna send mad love to everyone who hit the streets yesterday to protest police brutality and who put in work daily to fight for radical social change... and especially a lot of love and a big happy birthday to my partner sakura. I wish we coulda celebrated together instead of being separated by CBP and ICE... but i have no doubt that the passion for freedom and the fire inside us will melt them soon...
bless up yall
love and rage
testament

No comments:

Post a Comment